Creamy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
A classic creamy chicken alfredo is impressive enough to make for a date and this dish is sure to please your taste buds.
- 2 pcs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 12 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (for Garnish)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add the Fettuccine (12oz) and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Drain and toss with a splash of oil (as needed). Do not rinse.
- Take the boneless and skinless chicken thighs and slice into 1/4 -inch thick strips. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt (to taste) and ground black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add unsalted butter (2 Tbsp) and let it melt and then turn the heat to medium-high and add the chicken in 1 layer. Cook without moving pieces, until the bottom has browned (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip the chicken and cook until browned and cook for more 2-3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the remaining unsalted butter (1/3 cup). Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits as these contain a lot of flavor.
- When the butter melts, whisk in the heavy cream (2 cups) and ground nutmeg (1/8 tsp). Bring it to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the flame to keep the sauce just warm.
- Whisk the grated parmesan cheese (1 cup) into the sauce. Add the chicken and cooked pasta. Toss well. Season with salt (to taste) and black pepper.
- Garnish with Fresh Parsley and serve hot.
Also, read: Kadhai Paneer Recipe